Pages

Tuesday 27 March 2012

More pocket purses

I've been playing around with pocket purses this week.  I sold a few at Letchworth, and they are quick to make and use up parts of the jeans which otherwise get thrown away.  I'm enjoying using them in different ways; each purse is unique.  The shape tends to be determined by the amount of usable denim around the pocket as well as the size of the pocket itself.
 Small semi circular purses.  Probably the most forgiving shape!; these work well with children's jeans as well.

Square or rectangular purses.  These are the smallest; I may play with this idea and see if I can attach some to keyrings as well. I have some tiny zips from my latest Ebay order, and I think I could make some fun key coin purses with them.  I just need to get hold of some more split rings.  Ebay, here I come!

 Half ovals.  These are as easy as the semi-circles, but better from adult rather than children's jeans.
This was a rounded rectangle.  It came out really well; I will experiment with this again.  It looks very smart.

So that's another 10 of these little purses to add to the stock.  Hoping they sell well - they are satisfying and quick to make and, I think, quite unique.
Shared on the following link parties:
Sew Cute Tuesday
Ta-da Tuesday
Take a Look Tuesday

5 comments:

  1. You get an extra little pocket on the outside from the jeans... fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - I really like the extra pocket. I made some into phone cases too; the extra pocket is great for headphones. Must post those sometime soon - thank you for indirectly reminding me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of those pockets! I haven't tried to use them for coin purses, but I have used them in one of my tote bag designs:
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/84144827/womens-tote-bag-from-recycled-jeans

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I love the bag you linked to - must have taken ages!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO DANG CUTE!!

    Thanks for sharing @'Sew Cute Tuesday'.
    I'll be featuring you tomorrow, so be sure
    to stop by and grab a 'featured' button!

    ReplyDelete